Christ Church takes due regard of the need to advance equality as defined in the Equality Act 2010:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages.
- Take steps to meet different needs.
- Encourage participation when it is disproportionately low.
Inclusion ‘of all’ is an ongoing process that celebrates diversity. This involves the identification and minimising of barriers to learning and participation that may be experienced by any pupils: irrespective of age, ability, gender, ethnicity, language and social background, and the maximising of resources to reduce these barriers.
As a school we ensure that all pupils have equal access to an appropriate, broad, balanced relevant and differentiated curriculum.
Christ Church School minimises barriers to learning and maximises pupil participation in the following ways:
- Gathering information during Home Visits prior to starting school.
- Rigorous monitoring systems
- Regular staff strategy meetings.
- Detailed planning of provision for specific pupil groups or individuals.
- Including areas for development relating to specific groups within School Improvement Plan.
- When required swiftly accessing additional ‘outside agency’ support.
- Regular information sharing with parents.
Please see our equality statement in the policy section.