Achievements and Awards
Bishop of Birmingham Award
16 May 2022
We were delighted to recieve 'The Bishop of Birmingham Award'
It was a lovely morning with the award being presented during Collective Worship by Bishop David Urquhart, followed by 'Morning tea' and a chat with the Faith Team.
Bishop of Birmingham Award
We would like to share some wonderful news for the school.
The school has been awarded the Bishop of Birmingham Award for 2021 and is one of only three schools to have won one in the diocese. All of the staff are very proud and honoured for their work to be acknowledged in such a way. When it is safe to do so, the Bishop of Birmingham himself will visit the school to present us with the trophy, which will have our school name engraved on it.
The award has been given for our ongoing commitment to celebrating difference and treasuring the individuality of each child, no matter what their background is. Supporting the award is a citation from the Bishop that details the reasons for us achieving this accolade.
We would like to share a handful of quotations from the citation, of which we are extremely proud:
- In the school, every aspect of the child including language, culture, gender, ethnicity, spirituality and talents is affirmed.
- Children are taught to be compassionate to all, regardless of who they are, what they look like and whatever their background.
- Throughout the life of the school, children learn to develop humility, wisdom and demonstrate non-judgemental love.
- A strong emphasis on celebrating difference at Christ Church has been transformational because everyone in the school community feels equal, valued and cared for.
- The school has created a welcoming ethos where difference is accepted and celebrated.
We would like to thank all in the Christ Church family, particularly parents, for their ongoing support, especially during the last year in the face of a global pandemic. This award is for all of us in the school community for how we work together as a team, helping our pupils thrive, regardless of their background.
Birmingham Sustainable Schools Award Platinum Status
Eco Team members receiving the certificates from the Lord Mayor of Birmingham.
In September 2016, we embarked on a journey towards sustainability. The activities carried out during this journey were characterised by participation, reflection and willingness to create a better future for many generations to come.
We had to face two major challenges: willingness and ability to influence lifestyles when challenging perceptions, as well as acquiring the skills and knowledge needed to participate actively.
We are very proud to announce that the Birmingham Sustainable School Award - Platinum Status was awarded to Christ Church CE Primary for our excellent work as one of the best sustainable schools in Birmingham.
We are all looking forward to an ongoing journey towards - Reducing our Carbon Footprint - to ensure that everybody can enjoy a better quality of life, without compromising the same for future generations. The future begins in our classrooms today!